This post contains affiliate link(s). An affiliate link means at no extra cost to you, I earn a commission if you make a purchase through my link. It helps support my website which I genuinely appreciate.
Table of Contents
If you’re reading this, it’s already the new year. There’s a whole twelve months ahead of you, what are you going to do with it? Maybe you’ve been thinking about your goals but unclear how you’ll achieve them. Maybe you’re lacking confidence because traditional goal setting didn’t work for you in the past.
For many people, goal setting is intimidating and triggers fear. Why? Because traditional goal setting will have you spreading yourself thin, setting you up for disappointment and failure. You are not the reason for the failure, the system with which you’re using is the reason.
Want in on a system that works?
Enter the PowerSheets Intentional Goal Planner
If you want to set goals with confidence in a community of supportive women, this is the system for you. I got my 2020 goal planner and so excited to dive in. No regrets! Which prompted me to write this quick guide to the Cultivate What Matters system.
Quick overview of the PowerSheets Goal Planner
PowerSheets is an intentional goal planning system to help you live your best life. It’s is not a daily or weekly planner; it’s focus is on your big picture goals and how to break them down into action steps so you can achieve them.
Think of it as a holistic approach to goal setting and planning.
No matter what stage of life you are in PowerSheets walks you through important questions you need to answer to take the steps towards achieving your goals. One of those questions being: Where do you want to be when you’re 80? It’s a question I’ve never asked myself before, what about you?
You get 12 months of intentional goal-setting worksheets, a signature PowerSheets Prep process™ to find what goals are right for you, valuable coaching on each page to keep you motivated and on track, and seasonal worksheets to refresh and refocus your goals for each season.
Another great thing about this planner is that it can be used in tandem with your favorite daily or weekly planner.
PowerSheets intentional goal planner is great if you’re currently using traditional goal setting methods and are still struggling to achieve your goals.
Look and Feel
- Durable hardcover. Coil bound. Sturdy, high quality with brass corner protectors.
- Good weight, not too light but not too heavy.
- Colorful cover design (Color & pattern options: Blooms, Confetti, Pink & Teal Linen)
- Measures 8.5×10 inches, 183 pages printed on high-quality 120 gsm paper.
* Cover designs Confetti, Pink Linen and Teal Linen are currently sold out in the One Year Planner. Blooms are still available – Get yours before they’re gone!
What It Includes
- Expert goal coaching on worksheets
- Filled with inspirational quotes to motivate you.
- Has interior pocket for cards, notes, or planner accessories.
- A page of their signature goal color-coding sticker sheet.
- Self-evaluation and reflection worksheets.
- Goal setting worksheets on how to choose best goals, create a master goal list, create an action plan and a yearly overview.
- Monthly tabs with prep sheets for the month including tending list, monthly calendar spreads, and a spot to customize your PowerSheets with a wildcard page (downloadable online)
- Exclusive seasonal tabs for goal refresh and refocus.
Why I like PowerSheets Intentional Goal Planner
Lara Casey, creator of Cultivate What Matters, focuses on the meaningful. I often set goals without being intentional and subjected myself to long to-do lists with things that weren’t important and/or that I could never finish. It just didn’t feel right. When it doesn’t feel right, it’s a sign to do something different.
I never thought about my goals meaningfully and was more of a “have to do X” approach. Having set vague goals in the past with no success, this planner is the solution to this problem. I love that PowerSheets focuses on the big picture, takes it and breaks it down into doable action steps. It’s a system that works and I’m so excited to get started. I hope you are too.
First Tab: Self-Evaluation
When you open the planner, you will see a message from Lara Casey, the creator of PowerSheets, and the 3 vital steps to take to get started on your goal setting journey.
After that it goes right into the big piece of your goal setting puzzle. Self-Reflection and Evaluation.
This is huge. Few people will start with self-reflection and evaluate their situation. They go straight to making a list of goals and hope that they’ll have enough motivation to follow through on them.
If you’ve done this before you know that it doesn’t work.
Please, don’t skip these pages! Complete the them thoroughly, it’s for your benefit. They will give you the insight and clarity you need to set meaningful goals.
The pages tackle many of the struggles we face when setting goals like fear, comparison, and feelings of defeat. It also covers the positive elements we need in our lives to set meaningful goals and how to nurture them.
Identifying your uniqueness, experiences and the important people in your life is going to positively contribute to your goals. So, don’t skim over these pages, they are so important!
How long it takes for you to complete the prep work will depend on you. It can take as little as 30 minutes or as long as 3 days. Ensure you’ve scheduled in the time to do the prep work in an environment without interruption.
Second Tab: Goal Prep
Now that you have a good understanding of what makes you tick and what holds you back, you can move onto the goals tab. This is where you’ll be writing down your goals and establishing your action plan.
This section includes:
- 3-Step process on how to choose your best goals and simplify your year
- Goals master list for referencing your goals.
- Action plan worksheet that helps you break down your big picture goals with helpful tips
- Action plan for up to 8 goals. This is your blueprint for your year ahead.
- Yearly overview pages to plan out your goals and action steps.
What I love about the prep pages of the planner is that there is so much helpful information and guidance. It’s like having your own personal goal coach guiding you. It’s great. In this tab you will go through clear steps on how to choose your best goals. It’s a 3-step process that anyone can do and will help you simplify the process.
When you’re a busy mom, you already have a lot on your plate. You can’t afford to waste your time on methods that don’t work for you. PowerSheets will save you the frustration that comes with setting traditional goals that don’t consider your circumstances and don’t dig deep into your WHY.
Never again will you get stuck in the cycle of forgotten January goals. This planner takes you from overwhelmed to focused so your goals align with what matters most to you!
Monthly prep & Tending list
Monthly worksheets include:
- Prep sheet for the month.
- Monthly calendar spreads to add important tasks, projects, appointments, etc.
- Tending Tips – valuable tips on how to fill out your tending pages to simplify and prioritize goals.
- Tending List. Goals to focus on for that month and action ideas to action steps. Monthly action items are broken down even further with weekly and daily action.
The first page of each monthly tab lets you clear what’s on your mind. A place to write down your priority to-do’s, what’s worrying you, something you’ll do this month that excites you and what you are hopeful for. Clearing the mental clutter is good habit that will make setting goals so much easier.
It has an essential monthly calendar spread to give you a good overview of your month.
The remaining pages are for the Tending List. You will be guided through with detail on how to fill out the pages and tips to use it daily. Here you will use the color-coding stickers. I’m not a sticker person but I’m open to giving them a try. I like to track stuff and I will definitely be using the stickers for tracking.
You can customize too, so if you’re looking for something specific, like organizing and decluttering, self-care or meal planning, you can order or download Wildcard pages. They are great for daily life.
Seasonal Tabs: Goal Refresh
Just like the seasons change, so do goals. Goals aren’t set in stone and you may want to make some changes throughout the year. The seasonal goal refresh worksheets will give you the opportunity to refresh and refocus your goals.
It’s about progress, not perfection!
The planner itself has everything you need to get started but they have some amazing accessories that you can get that are practical and stylish to compliment your planner. I’ve been using the zipper pouch with the band wrap and I love that I can keep it attached to the planner. It looks snazzy too!
Whether your looking for more stickers, notebooks, page markers, tape or cards, the Cultivate Shop has all the accessories you need for your 2020 One-Year PowerSheets Intentional Goal Planner.
Make the most of your 2020 PowerSheets
You will not be alone in your goal setting and planning journey. You will get a ton of coaching to begin, maintain and complete your planner. You will have everything you need to achieve your goals for 2020.
A few tips to help you succeed…
- Take advantage of all the great resources they have.
- Join the community online and offline.
- Watch the free video goal coaching series.
- Make it visible (don’t tuck it away in a cabinet or shelf).
- Use the stickers even if you’re not a sticker person. Try it, you might be surprised.
- Schedule time in your calendar for your goal planner – do regular check-ins. If you want to see progress, make sure to hold yourself accountable by checking in with yourself. Make it your ritual. I use Google calendar and reminders for scheduling.
- Read ALL of the helpful tips in this planner. They really are very helpful.
Is this planner for you?
You might be hesitant about getting yet another planner. I’m confident that this one will not sit on a shelf collecting dust if you are ready to…
- Let go of feeling you must do it all and be perfect at it.
- Put in the time to find what really matters to you.
- Embrace small progress (all progress counts towards your goals).
- Take positive action every day.
If you’re done spreading yourself too thin and struggle to find what matters most to you, then the 2020 PowerSheets Planner is the tool that will help you get results.
If you need more proof, there are hundreds of reviews online of women who struggled and are now finding success with this planner.
Are you ready to start Cultivating What Matters?
UPDATE: The One-Year PowerSheets 2020 are SOLD OUT! Don’t worry! The 6-Month Planners have launched and are available, get them here!